Volunteers play an essential role in keeping our clubs thriving across England, Scotland, Wales and beyond and without their dedication to supporting older people, we simply wouldn’t be able to have over 100 clubs operating online or in-person.
What our volunteers do
Our Volunteers help us with our club but here’s a brief taster of what they help us to do:
- Our sessions are held once a week, including online, so are ideal if you would like a regular volunteering opportunity – our volunteer can be club facilitators or simply session supporters helping someone to lead the club
- Our volunteers love talking about their favourite teams, sporting greats or special sporting moments and engaging members to share their stories
- Volunteering with us is an opportunity to engage with people of all ages and backgrounds, especially older people – many of whom will be living with a condition such as dementia or low mood
- Our volunteers learn new and unique skills, through attending training sessions and while volunteering
- You will work as part of a small team – a great opportunity to meet and get to know new people
- You’ll have access to our learning zone where you can find out how to create fun and interactive sessions for your club
Interested? Get in touch!
We’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out our form here and we’ll be in touch!
In this section
Find out how you could support our work by raising money as an individual, group or at your work place. Visit our Fundraising page to find out more.
Find a club
Want to know where your nearest Sporting Memories club is? Visit our find a club page to check our your local club here!